Sunday, June 27, 2010

DBA Battle Report- Numidians

I haven't managed to do much painting this week as I was in Wellington for work for a couple of days but I did manage to paint my first couple of stands of 28mm Numidians and also get 3 games of DBA in with the 15mm Numidians at TAG.

I was really pleased with the way they played. Light, fluffy and annoying best describes them (IMO). I managed 2 wins out of 3 games and two of the games came down to the wire and could have gone either way. The one thing I do need to learn is how to use my light horse more effectively. I tend to be rash throwing at least one or two down a flank early to go after the camp but more often than not they tend to die or be ZoCed by my opponents. They tend to do much better when I keep them back threatening to do flank moves! I must learn to curb my impetuous nature on the gaming table.

Overall the army, although to my mind not a powerhouse army, can provide a challenge to opponents as the mobility means I can quickly react to changing situation so I think they will be the force I take the the CHCH gaming comp.

Game 1: 4-1 vs Mark (Patrician Romans) I took photos of this one- see below

Game 2: 3-5 vs Dave (Ostrogoths? 2x LH, 6x bow and 4x knights)
I killed the enemy general and was 3-3 but failed to kill a second unit (of flanked bow) needed to win the game and the next turn the vengeful Romans cut a couple of elements to pieces to take the victory-a great game though.

Game 3: 4-3 vs Stephen- (Mid Imperial Romans)
Another hard fought game as I sought to match up my elephant with his cavalry while avoiding his blades. I was controlling things quite nicely until the last couple of turns when his his blades got into contact with some of my auxillia and started hacking through them and almost won the game for him!

The First Battle vs Mark's Patrician Romans

The enemy general is one of the central knights.

















Result: 4-1 to the Numidians.

No comments:

Post a Comment