Monday, September 17, 2012

One down...

And here we go, one "unit" finished. The Perry plastics are easy to assemble and paint well, the only thing that I am not so keen on is the facial features are a bit soft and ill-defined. That being said they willl still be fine for the rank and file of my force. I've decided that I am going to make Anderson's Brigade, part of Hood's Division for Black Powder and for the Gettysburg game.

The game is going to be using Fire and Fury but I hope my slightly larger bases aren't going to cause any issues as I a not really keen on the 50mm square bases suggested as the standard. Kent and I will mainly be using these armies (well, these once he gets started) locally so I'd rather base them to a system I like and want to use long term, than one for a specific game and which I don't really like. Swings and round abouts I suppose. I might also base a unit using 50mm bases and see how it looks, it may look okay.





Craig

4 comments:

  1. Lovely painting there Craig.I see what you mean about the faces, I don't have any of the Perry plastic infantry but I do have some of their cavalry and their faces are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cost makes them hard to pass up for rank and file troops- and they do look pretty good. I guss the suffer a bit from being one of the first 28mm ranges in plastic and so probably a bit of a learning curve for the manufacturers. Apart from the soft facial features I have nothing to complain about!

      Delete
  2. They are looking good - and I do like the occasional red shirt and blue blanket, just to liven up the overall effect. In my view, wargames units should look bright and lively to catch the eye - not all that easy to achieve with Confederates. But an army of these guys would look the look all right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Piccolo, I think the odd brighter shirt works well with thee guys.

      Delete