Saturday, September 30, 2023

Warmaster high elves

This week some of the lovely 10mm scale 3d printed Forest Dragon High elf figures turned up, and what can I say they are even betler in the flesh, so to speak. Amazing the quality of sculpts these days! I can't recommend them highly enough. 

So I've been beavering away gettting my Silverhelm Cavary regiments done and enough Spear-elves painted to be able to field a 2000 point army. 

I've gone for a traditional blue and white colour scheme and am happy with the way they have turned out.

I've quite enjoyed painting these figures, the details pop making them easy to paint and I have had a bit of a production line going. The funny thing with 10mm is that an individual base looks okay, a regiment not bad but once you put 3-4 regiments down together on the table top, wow do they pop and the look of serried ranks really shines. 

I'm still not 100% sold on the rules for Warmaster- I like the command and control mechanism just wonderoing if the fighting by stands mechanic may be a bit fiddly, we will see when I get round to having a game. 

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the results of my work this week and hope to get these guys onto the tabe one day soon. 




5 of the infantry regiments are Forest Dragon 3d printed resins, the centre one os the only regient of GW spear elves I have. 

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment