The first three stands of my 6-8 battalions of Russian Grenadiers. I managed to do the lot including basing last night in about 3 1/2 hours so was very happy!
I managed to get some new Vallejo paints yesterday so the base coat has changed somewhat. I am now using Black-Green followed by Russian Green for the highlight. I think I will also add a luftwaffe camo green highlight as well though.
For the skin tone I picked by Beige-Red and am happy with the result. Beige-red with a Devlan Mud wash and then a quick highlight of the Beige-red again and it's done. I am quite happy with it. I also used a light grey base for the white followed by Devlan mud and a highlight of white. Under the artifical light the Devlan Mud wash looked okay but today I think it might be a bit dark so will do a test with Ogryn flesh when I continue painting tomorrow night.
So I've manged to complete 10 stands (40 infantry) in less than a week, which I'm pretty pleased about. My initial aim was to do a battalion over two nights but now I might try to aim for 2 battalions over three nights. I'll do the six stands of rank and file over two nights and the third night concentrate on the two command stands. We will see how it works out in practice.