Monday, April 18, 2011

Perry Bedouin



Here are the first two stands of my Bedouin lancers for my Syrian army. I decided to do something a bit different to the rest of the army and give them a uniform look- I used an old GW Deadly Nightshade (in the old tall bottles- it's at least 15 years old and still covers well and, unlike the newer paints tend to do, hasn't dried up!!). I highlighted with a colour called periscope from the Vallejo Panzer Aces range.

I was going to do dark green (Vallejo Deep green) or crimson (GW Crimson Gore) turbans but couldn't decide which I preferred and the kids were no help as one preferred green the other red, so I decided I liked both and so would give each figure a different, suitably dark, turban as a contrast. The dark blue robes still give a uniform look but I'm quite pleased with the end result.

Two more stands, and a camp, to finish tomorrow night and I'll have 500 pts ready to take on Kent's Crusaders on Wednesday night in our final game before we head to NATCON on Friday- which should leave Thursday night to tidy up some terrain and make some disordered markers out of the Perry wounded figures.





Craig

3 comments:

  1. This army is looking in awesome Craig, and your really whipping through it too!

    One thing I have found with Impetus is that with the realativly low number of models per unit it has a high reward on time invested.

    It helps when you paint 20 models and complete four units as opposed to other systems where 20 models is perhaps HALF a unit!

    That could be just me and my goal orientated painting system though :P

    Cheers
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it doesn't take long to get table ready forces with Impetus. I thnk that the two armies are going to look pretty good on table. Am looking forward to seeig your Germans in the flesh this weekend too.

    After I finish the last two stands tomorrow night I'll get some shots of the full 500 pt force assembled and ready for battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking damned good, Craig.

    It is going to be a great pair of demo games (we'll just keep my camp out of shot) and I intend to spread the pics around the net.

    ReplyDelete