Thursday, April 28, 2011

Impetus: Germans and Syrians

Whilst away on holiday for a few days I started my ancient German army for Impetus. I'm still not happy with the skin tones but will continue experimenting. So far I have completed:
  • 4x stands of warband
  • 2 rear ranks for large units
  • 1x stand of macemen
  • 1x medium cavalry











Here are the rear ranks of the large units of warband- only four figures per base. You can see the muddy swamp quite well in this one- I'm happy with the way this worked out.





And the Syrians- I rebased the Bedoiuns with 4 figures per stand last night (my latest army lists is only using 3 stands of heavier cavalry so I shouldn't miss the extra base). I will do the same with the Ghulums but will probably keep the Syrian Cavalry with only 3 figures per base to make them easier to tell apart from the Ghulums. I also rebased 2 stands of skirmishers. I really liked Jason and Jamie's 4cm deep bases for the skirmisher stands- it really made them stand out from the other units so I will, in time, slowly make my way through the skirmishers stands for my various armies and redo them on 4cm deep bases.








Craig

2 comments:

  1. Hi Craig,

    Germans look really good mate, as do the Syrians.

    I see you remembered to paint some blonde Germans... :) I look forward to our two tribes combining to take some Roman heads one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol- yes our conversation the other day re:hair colour helped there.

    Have now finished the city militia and reworking on the basing, hope to get some pictures soon

    Craig

    ReplyDelete