Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DBA III/46 Norse-Irish

The first figures for my Norse-Irish army arrived from Gripping Beast- part of their Dark Ages Irish range. I've still to finish the bases but here is the first stand of axillary infantry.

I decide to have them armed with spears so that they can also sub in as Pre-Feudal Scot spear, or even as welsh warband. I hope to complete a couple more stands tonight.

The army will be:
  • 1x Aux (General)
  • 5x 3 Aux (or in my case 6 Aux)- Bonnachts or Irish mercenaries
  • 4x Ps (Kerns)
  • 2x 4 Blade (Ostman or Irish Vikings)

Until the rest of the army is completed they will be used as spears for the Pre-Fuedal Scots. I've decided to give the Scottish warband more of a Celtic flavour via the LBM shield transfers.






No comments:

Post a Comment