Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Napoleonic Russians Update

Kent and I are planning a game of Black Powder on Friday so I've been busy finishing off the rebasing project. We will have 8 battalions of infantry per side and a couple of units of cavalry and artillery.







I have now 9 battalions of infantry rebased or painted and only one more battalion (Warlord Plastics) left to paint. Tonight's job is to rebase the two units of cuirassiers. I am not very happy with the GMD flags, they have faded badly so will be replacing them with the ones out of the Warlord and Perry plastics boxes (I;'ve just ordered some Perry plastics).

Other good news, I had an e-mail from Perry's yesterday saying that their new Russian Dragoons are due to be released in the next couple of weeks I am looking forward to getting a couple of large units of those done before the Borodino game.

Craig

5 comments:

  1. That is just awesome. Looking forward to what you think about the Blackpowder rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll like them. I always liked the Warmaster system, even if the fantasy version had a few glaring issues- charges for instance. I enjoy random elements and not 100% guaranteed command and control so don't have an issue with the way the command system works in BP.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good Craig.

    Have you looked at printing your own flags? All mine are the flags that were in the Foundry rule book (rules were meh) but the Infantry flags are brilliant. They are available from the Foundry website under downloads it you want a look.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Dave

    I will use the ones from the Warlord & Perry sets but also grab those Foundry ones

    Cheers

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the game Craig. I too will be keen to hear your thoughts on these rules. Our group is deeply divided over them.

    ReplyDelete