Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Camo Netting using Tea Leaves

An idea I got from Andy at the weekend- using tea leaves (dry) to make camo netting. I have 4x marder IIs which I had used some bandage to make netting for but was never happy with so I ripped off the old netting and applied the tea leaves. I am quite happy with the look.

Here is how it is done:
  1. Base of some sort of paper or netting (gauze)- covered in PVA (Woodlands scenics clump foliage can work too) .
  2. Cover the “netting” in PVA and sprinkle over dry tea leaves and leave to dry.
  3. Once dried cover in Vallejo Russian Green (water it down if necessary)
  4. Drybrush with Olive Green (Vallejo 082)
  5. Light Dry brush/highlight with Bright Green (Vallejo)

Updated: And a couple of pak 38s using the same method


  1. Looks good. If they get thirsty then they can stop and have a brew :-D

  2. I can't claim credit for it, one of the Christchurch players had used that method on his stugs and they look fantastic!

    Hopefully it survives getting wet!