Last night I added a couple more stands to my Japanese force: a second juku MMG and a sniper team (placed on a round base for ease of recognition on the tabletop).
1. Cut out an MDF base with a jig-saw. Then used a wood rasp to round the edges of the base.
2. Add plaster and place the jungle base into it.
3. Once the plaster is dry paint the base with PVA glue and cover in sand to texture the base.
4. Once the PVA is dry paint with black then drybrush dark brown followed by a light yellowish shade.
5. Once the paint is dry cover in static grass and add a few small pieces of clump foliage.
Finally a bit of progress on the man cave/gaming room. Lights were finally hooked up last week and the power switches today so I finally have power. I have bought some LED lights from China to keep running costs to a minimum- about $3 ea and should last about 100,000 hrs apparently. Still a lot of finishing off to be done but the room is getting there.