Monday, September 9, 2013

8th Army Platoon completed

My Perry plastics are done.

HQ, NCO, radio operator
2" mortar
Boyes AT rifle
3x sections each of: SMG armed NCO, 8x riflemen &  bren gunner

The command stands and a radio operator.
 The platoon arrayed for battle.
 The new Perry 3" mortar and Vickers MMG. Very nice sculpts- highly recommended. The weapons come with 4 man crews so I converted one to a medic and another will be my artillery observer.


 Boyes anti-tank rifle and 2" mortar.
  A Blitzkrieg Miniatures Valentine tank. The Valentine is one of my favourite desert era tanks- a 2pdr gun with no HE capabilities as an infantry support tank? What were the British thinking?

The Blitzkrieg Valentine is a truly excellent model, a beautiful cast, go out and get one they are that good!
 The commander is another Perry metal- covered up to keep the dust out.
 The infantry advance.


I need a 4th infantry section to finish these guys off. I will also use them for Burma 1942 games.

Craig

2 comments:

  1. Very, very nice indeed. That's almost exactly the list I'm planning. Care to share your colour palette?

    Love the idea with the extra crew served weapon guys, I will have to steal that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Millsy

    The Valentine was undercoated a light grey primer. Base coat of Vallejo Iraqi sand. Soft tone wash and drybrushed dark sand.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete