Last night Kent and I managed a game of Lasalle at the club. He's been bsy and hs completed a brigade of Perry Dragoons- and they look absolutely stunning.
The game was a bit of a roller coaster but my Russian Grenadiers held their ground and by the endd of the game had destroyed 4 French Battalions for the loss of one of their own and a battery of artillery that got run over by the Dragoons- hitting artillery with 3x regiments at once beng a very successful tactic.
Alas my camera died so no photos- so I've borrowed a few form Kent's site. He has written an entertaining report of the game here.
We are both struggling to get to grips with the rules in Lasalle not sure what our problem is but we both seem to struggle to locate rules as we go (is it the way they are organised?) and each time we play it feels like we are relearning everything- the rules just aren't sticking. We had a chat about it at the end of the game and have decided to go back to Shako II for our next game- using 3 stands per battalion. That means I will need to get some more infantry painted at some point soon. I might even look at getting some of the new Perry plastics (3 boxes for fifty pounds free shipping) to buk the army out a bit.
The Cilicean Armenian Project
I also swapped my Perry Plastic hussars & dragoons with Kent. I doubt I'd have gotten round painting a Napoleonic French force, they just don't interest me that much so I swapped them for the odds and sods of Kent's Perry Crusaders which means I can start on the Cilicean Armenian Project for our Impetus Crusades forces.