- black undercoat
- dark grey
- light grey drybrush
While in Christchurch I picked up some casting plaster, its not as good as Ultracal 30 but at only 20% of the price ($18 vs $100) it will do. The main issue is it has a tendency to have the odd small bubble on the mould, but some experimenting and it seems if you pour a wet pour (very runny plaster) this is very negligible. I'm happy enough with the results that I will continue to use this stuff.
I experimented using some roofing silicon as water on my sewer system but was not happy with the result. Luckily the silicon peel straight off so didn't destroy the piece. have discovered a company called Norski that makes resins for crafts and so have ordered some clear resin to cast water- now that will be an experiment. it should be here in the next few days.
I managed to buy a lot of LoTR Goblins on impulse yesterday and will (at some pont) make a Moria army out of them- I might try out the new Kings of War rules with Finn and see if he likes them.
A few pictures of the modular dungeon.
As you can see for stability I decided to go with a double thickness wall. The lighter grey sections are the grouted wall. Also, I decided to only go two rows of blocks high so it is easier to see what is going on. this is especially important so that Nigel, who is in a wheelchair, can see the action without too much hassle. It seems a reasonable compromise.