Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Johnny Turk



I've been a bit slack the last few weeks totally lacking in gaming motivation but last night I finally got started on a test figure for the Peter Jackson's 54mm WWI diorama to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings. I intend to get started properly later in the week. Kent has done the first batch of figures, Tony and I are sharing the second echelon.

My first test is a Johnny Turk





A bit more highlighting to go and I have to get some gunmetal for the rifles as I've run out. The only thing I'm not sure of it the satchel slung across his back. I could find no reference on the Mustering the Troops site. I'm note sure if it is meant to be dark brown or another shade so currently is German Camo beige. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone knows a colour match for the GW Zandri Dust in the vallejo range would be good too! I've matched all the other shades

How well I remember that terrible day
How the blood stained the sand and the water
And how in that hell that they called Suvla Bay
We were butchered like lambs at the slaughter
Johnny Turk he was ready, he primed himself well
He chased us with bullets, he rained us with shells
And in five minutes flat he'd blown us all to hell
Nearly blew us right back to Australia
But the band played Waltzing Matilda
As we stopped to bury our slain
We buried ours and the Turks buried theirs
Then we started all over again

Craig

10 comments:

  1. I used Green Ochre for Zandri Dust as the blog mentioned it on the painting guides page. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting on this excellent project. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finished project should look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job on this guy Craig! I plan to finish my first bunch tonight, all going to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers guys. I think I will go with green ochre for the satchels for a better contrast and look to mix the uniforms up a bit too.

    Looking forward to getting more done

    I think I will be doing a trip to Wellington to see the fruits of our endevours in person later in the year.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Guys

    Kent dropped his first 40 figures round tonight, am tempted to take them out of their wrapping and get a few pictures.

    ReplyDelete