Sunday, July 14, 2019

Kings of War vs Martin and Jeff

I had to pop up to Christchurch for work on Monday and so decided to head up for the weekend and catch up with some mates. I arranged a game of Kings of War vs Martin & Jeff- they were using Martin's dwarves while I used my KoW Historics inspired LoTR Easterlings list

We decided ot play 1700 points, which meant there were alot f dwarves n the field.


The two forces meet.

Only a 3ft wide board so we were ibno combat pretty quickly. My two units of heavy cavalry smashing into a rather large horde of dwarves.

My infantry hung back and paid the price once the organ guns got the range- it was  slaughter.


Boris gets stuck in
 I will kill that one!

My knights break though the dwarven line,.

Having eaten a regiment of dwarves Borsi the Beastman decides that a horde would be just as tasty.




In the end though the dwarven line held, it was a brutal fight but the dwaves came out on top.

We then had  second game with Martin rearranging his army to have 3 dwarven hordes and unfortunately the Easterlings got streamrolled, not being able to do enough damage before the dwarven tsunami overwhelmed them.


Here they come!



The dwarves surge forward

You know you are having a bad day when this happens!

A couple of fun games, the second iteration of Martin's list was damn tough and would require a bit more thought from my force to slow down- I only had one unit of cavalry in game 2 which didn't help. However, I learned a lot from the experience and need to coordinate my various units a bit better, especially my light cavalry to try to get more flanking opportunities. The narrow table also probably affected things a bit as I wasn't able to have any depth to my set up, but that is no excuse fr the result. I was comprehensively outplayed in game 2, game 1 was pretty close though.

I was pretty impressed at how tough heavy spearmen are as a core to build round and may look at fielding a horde rather than a regiment next time to provide a solid base. Two units of heavy cav hitting a unit can do some serious damage so will continue to experiment with that as well- and coordinating/supporting them more effectively with the light cavalry

I look forward to a few more games and getting to grips with the rules a bit more. It is pretty dice intensive but a lot of fun.

Craig


1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete