Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Painting Apathy

My apathy towards painting continues and I haven't painted anything in the past two weeks or so- yikes. Yesterday a shipment of Reaper Bones arrived- a few gnolls, bugbears, trolls, ogres and minotaurs for our RPG games so tonight I hope to paint up some bugbears.

On the games room front some movement at last. The windows arrived this afternoon but now my builder is up in Twizel for the rest of the week so it will be next week before I can get them put in. Oh well, we are still making headway, if somewhat slowly.

Each window is about 3m wide x 1.5 m high- so will let in plenty of light. 
 The doors.
 Had a couple of days off last week so put in the pink bats (insulation) and am now just waiting for the windows so I can get the walls lined.


Other gaming news
Kent and I were planning a game of Impetus tonight but he had to cancel so not sure when we ill get another game in, he's a bit busy at present. However, Simon popped round for a few games of DBA using the V3 rules. He ran Maygars and Mongols vs my own 15mm Mongols (or what is left of them I'm nearly out of 15mm armies these days). We both enjoyed the game on a larger (3ft square) board as it allowed the horse armies to do what they do best- whip around the flanks and avoid head to head combat. Very enjoyable and the v rules (or the version of them we had) seemed to have removed many o the gamer issues of earlier editions.

Craig

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya Craig, I too haven't had the inclination to paint for the last 3 weeks, something in the air maybe.

    Thou last friday a box from warlord with a pile of Macedonians (theres some real nice models in that range) along with Hail ceasar got the juices flowing a bit, but we are in the middle of packing for a move to Townsville so they have to stay in the box a bit longer :(

    Looking forward to seeing the final games room, I will admit to being a bit jealous at the moment

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Townsville?

    That'll be a bit warmer than Invercargill! Have you work lined up? Not sure I'd be been keen to become a 2nd class citizen in Aussie.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yes a lot warmer than Invers, we have been in aussie since just before xmas.

    I took the redundancy deal at the smelter and we moved over here. Yes headed up to Townsville for work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it works out- by the sounds of it a good time to get out of Tewai.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it was, chatting to a couple people still there, its not a pleasant place to work due to the uncertainty killing any morale there, as well as the real hard squeeze on costs :(

    cheers

    ReplyDelete