Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Gaming like its 1979

 I popped down to Dunedin yesterday and dropped into the model shop run by Lindsay and Richard in the hope that they still hadsome copies of the Battlegroup rules I'd spied there a few months back. Unfortunately they didn't have any left but they do have a pretty good range of model kits including the venerable Airfix range and so I managed to pick up a copy of the bren gun carrier and 6pdr which is the first 20mm kit I've purchased in over 20 years!

I think I would have first purchased one back in about 1979 when I was first getting into wargaming so it definitely does bring back memories of the days of yore.



The kit as first released in 1964 so it 60 years old this year!

The finished product. 

I actually really enjoyed putting this one together, it was a definite trip own memory lane. The crew figures are horrible and my wargaming sensbilities tells me that I need to replace them with some AB miniatures figures but on the other hand I am tempted to keep them purely for the old school vibe. 

Craig

1 comment: